Tuesday 11 March 2014

About Me

My name is Lauren Murrell. I had graduated from Hertford College, Oxford and was about to sit my exams at the University of Law in London when I was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukaemia (AML) on 1 February 2012 (aged 23). I was treated at University College London Hospital (UCLH) with chemotherapy, radiotherapy (total body irradiation) and a stem cell transplant.

In August 2012, I began fundraising for the Leukaemia & Lymphoma Unit, UCLH Charity. My initial target of £1,000 was quickly reached and, as the donations kept coming, the charity created what has become known as “Lauren's Fund”. My aim is for the money raised to help patients and find a better way to treat AML. I will update you with news of my fund’s progress and the difference it is making.


No comments:

Post a Comment